Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fischbowl!

Karl Fisch's '07 blog is very inspirational and true! In my opinion it is NOT okay to be a teacher who is "lagging" behind in world of technology! At the pace that we are developing and with the pace that our children are excelling, how can we afford to not be technologically advanced as teachers. I feel that this blog has made me look more into the fact that I need to, as a future teacher, become as technologically advanced as possible. If not, I will have nothing to be able to offer my students. Something else that is pointed out by a commenter to his blog, is that now days, our children are pretty much attending school from the time that are able to get up and get moving. If our teachers are not staying current on the offerings of our society, how are we going to be able to 1) keep up with our children, and 2) make them evolve into everything that they have the abilities too.

By staying blind to the advancing world of technology, we are stripping our children, which are the future of our world, of any and all rights that we owe them. By us building on our technological strengths, and tending to our technological weaknesses, we will be able to better prepare our students to face the world when their time comes. This blog has made me want to strive to not be one of the faculty members he refers to in the blog from '06 he has just now decided to post (due to the timing issue in his eyes,). I don't want to be one of the faculty who has to ask questions that will literally depress the tech department due to my lack of knowledge. I want to be the one who is able to keep my students advancing at a non-stop rate as a result of my technological capabilities!

1 comment: