Sunday, October 4, 2009

Duke's Use of ipods!

Who would have thought that ipods would ever become a learning tool?Duke University is using them. Duke University helped apple get Itunes U started up and running. The site said that in fall 2004, ipod player were distributed to all 1400 incoming freshmen. Why couldn't students at south be so lucky?
Having your lesson in the palm of your hands could actually allow you to understand it that much more. Mobility is the answer! The students having the chance to do something besides the everyday normal would give the an incentive to enjoy learning. The idea of videos and text being on the ipods in my opinion is awesome. The development of Itunes U has opened a new door to learning through technology.

2 comments:

  1. Well, when the iPod Touch adds a camera I will probably require them for EDM310. But I can assure you USA won't give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Personally, I am more willing to buy an Ipod now, now that I know all of it's capabilities!

    ReplyDelete